The government should have heard you loud and clear: Housing is the Number One challenge in BC!
Housing came up as the highest priority in all but one of the 28 communities that the government visited during the poverty reduction consultations.
- We sent our submission to the Rental Housing Task Force recommending:
- tying rent control to the unit (not the tenant);
- tighter limits on annual rent increases;
- adequately enforcing the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) and the Manufactured Home Park Tenancy Act;
- and extending tenant rights to include all non-profit social housing currently exempt from the RTA.
- We endorsed this excellent and comprehensive submission from the Vancouver Tenants’ Union for other ideas.
- You’re not alone! Share your story with us and we’ll get it out on social media (anonymously, of course!)
- Share your submission with us and we’ll post it online to encourage others and show the breadth of issues throughout BC