There was plenty of exciting news in our April newsletter:
- Citizens for Accessible Neighbourhoods (CAN) and the BC Poverty Reduction Coalition co-authored Sharing Our Realities: Life on Disability Assistance in British Columbia about the demoralizing effects of provincial government policy for both people with disabilities and those who work within the income assistance system.
- Dan Meades, provincial co-ordinator for the Transition House Association of Newfoundland and Labrador, is our next Speaker Series guest. He will discuss the success of Newfoundland and Labrador’s poverty reduction strategy.
- Did you miss our webinar Make Poverty Public: Fighting for Good Jobs and Good Policy? Now, you can watch it on Youtube.
- Volunteer to host Samara Canada’s Vote PopUp booths at food banks and other community hubs. (see newsletter for all the dates)
- Don’t forget to visit our election website at http://www.makepovertypublic.ca/ to learn how to take action!